The Role of Trade in the UN Post 2015 Development Agenda
“The Role of Trade in the Post 2015 Development Agenda: Greening Growth and Disseminating Solutions – A Green Economies Dialogue Initiative Discussion.” The theme of the 2014 WTO Public Forum was “How Trade Benefits Everyone.” The ambition of the UN Post 2015 Development Agenda is to enhance and integrate economic, development and environment considerations while broadening benefits to all through inclusive growth and shared prosperity. Trade is a powerful vehicle to advance this.
Confirmed speakers include:
– Christopher Wilson, deputy chief of mission, U.S. Mission to the WTO
– Steven Stone, head, Economics and Trade Division, U.N. Environment Programme (UNEP)
– Brian Fisher, managing director, BAEconomics Pty Ltd
The USCIB/GED Working Session will:
– present perspectives relevant to trade as a vehicle for technological innovation and its dissemination, global value chains, job creation and environmental solutions, as they relate to the formulation of the UN Post 2015 Development Agenda over the next year and half.
– highlight the benefits and contributions multilateral trade systems and approaches deliver via trade in developed and developing countries, especially through private sector technology and expertise on environmental challenges such as climate change.